Guys and Dolls, Jr. and Charlotte's Web
Guys and Dolls JR. is an adaptation of the show considered by many to be the perfect musical comedy. Its namesake ran for 1,200 performances when it opened on Broadway in 1950 and won numerous Tony Awards, including Best Musical. Frank Loesser's brassy, immortal score and witty book makes Guys and Dolls JR. a perennial crowd pleaser.
Set in Damon Runyon's New York City, Guys and Dolls JR. follows gambler, Nathan Detroit, as he tries to find the cash to set up the biggest crap game in town while the authorities breathe down his neck; meanwhile, his girlfriend and nightclub performer, Adelaide, laments that they've been engaged for fourteen years without ever getting married. Nathan turns to fellow gambler, Sky Masterson, for the dough, but Sky ends up chasing the straight-laced missionary, Sarah Brown. Guys and Dolls JR. takes us from the heart of Times Square to the cafes of Havana, but everyone eventually ends up right where they belong.
Charlotte's Web: A full length play based on the beloved children’s classic with all your favorite characters including Wilbur, Charlotte, Fern, Templeton, and more. Be a part of this story in which true friendship triumphs!
Rehearsal & Performance Information
Guys and Dolls Jr:
- Guys and Dolls,Jr. will cast students in grades 6-12. This production provides students with another performance opportunity that they can use to hone their skills and bolster their resume while experiencing what it's like to produce a classic Broadway musical.
- Rehearsal will take place on Monday evenings from 6 pm to 9 pm and a couple Saturdays starting on Jan. 7th.
- Tech week will run February 25-28, 2019
- Performances will be March 1, 2, & 3, 2019 at Children's Musical Theatre
- Charlotte's Web will cast students in grades 1-6. This production provides students with another performance opportunity that they can use to hone their skills while experiencing what it's like to produce a full length play.
- Auditions will take place March 25 & 26 from 6 pm to 8 pm and will consist of reading from the play.
- Rehearsal will take place Monday evenings from 6-8:30 pm and Saturday mornings 9 am - 12 pm beginning April 1st.
- Tech week will run May 6-8, 2019
- Performances will be May 9, 10, &11, 2019 at Children's Musical Theatre
GUYS & DOLLS JR.:
Sign up for an audition slot here.
CASTING: Students in grades 6-12 will be cast.
AUDITION REQUIREMENTS: Please prepare a one to two minute cut of a song of your choice with accompaniment. Bring a CD or accompaniment on your phone. Auditions will also will consist of reading scenes from the script. Audition scenes will be emailed to everyone who signs up to audition using the Sign Up Genius link. The audition scenes will also be available prior to auditions if you wish to come early to your audition to read over them. You may bring a theatre resume to auditions if you like but it is not required. Callbacks will be Dec, 11 at 6:00-9:00 pm. Please be prepared to sing from the show as well as read scenes from the script.
REHEARSALS: Mondays 6:00-9:00 pm starting January 7 and some Saturdays at 101 S. Wyandotte.
PERFORMANCES: March 1, 2, & 3, 2019 at Children's Musical Theatre.
DIRECTOR: Troy Martin
TO AUDITION: download the audition form on the website and bring it to your audition appointment. ALL STUDENTS WHO AUDITION WILL BE CAST.
TUITION: $200 per student
DISCOUNTS: $180 Early Bird Tuition if full tuition paid by December 21, 2018; Sibling Discount 10% for each additional sibling after 1st child pays full tuition.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships are available; complete scholarship application link on registration page. The scholarship application deadline is Nov. 30, 2018.
CHARLOTTE'S WEB: Auditions March 25-26. Sign-ups will be available January 2019.
TUITION: $175 per student.
DISCOUNTS: $155 Early Bird Tuition if paid in full by March 28th.
Registration & Payment Information
- Tuition for Guys and Dolls, Jr. will be $200 per student.
- Tuition for Charlotte's Web will be $175 per student.
- Everyone who auditions will be cast. No payment is needed to audition. After accepting your role, you will be asked to pay 50% of your tuition rate. The remaining 50% of your tuition rate will be due at the first rehearsal.
Scholarship & Tuition Discount Information
Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville exists to enrich the lives of youth by providing quality musical theatre performance and educational opportunities. In an effort to make our programs available to as many members of the community as possible, CMT offers several types of scholarships and discounts on tuition throughout the year. To see if your student is eligible for a tuition discount please read below. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please download and complete the scholarship application form. Once completed, you can email your scholarship application form to CMT's Executive Director, Kristie Hewitt (email@example.com), or drop it by the CMT offices at 101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003. Scholarship applications are due two weeks prior to auditions.