A Christmas Story: The Musical
Based on the beloved holiday film, A Christmas Story: The Musical is an over the top musical version of the 1983 film. The music and lyrics are written by Pasek & Paul and the book by Joseph Robinette. The musical takes place in the 1940s in Indiana and focuses on a child named Ralphie, who wants a Red Ryder BB Gun for Christmas.
Rehearsal and Performance Information
- Directed by Susan Mueller this production of A Christmas Story: The Musical. will cast students in grades 4-12. School Year Productions provide students with additional audition, rehearsal, and performance opportunities to play more roles and work with more directors while honing their skills.
- Rehearsals will be on Monday nights from 6:00-9:00 p.m. and Saturday afternoons from 1:00 - 4:00pm from September 14 - December 6, 2019 at Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville (101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003)
- Load In and Tech week will run from December 7-9 at the BCC
- Performances will be December 10, 11 and 12, 2019 at the Bartlesville Community Center.
- Auditions will be held on August 30 from 5-8pm & August 31st from 9am-12pm for grades 4-8. and then on September 9th from 5-10pm for grades 9-12 at Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville (101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003)
- Callbacks will be held at CMT on September 10 & 11.
- Auditions will consist of a one to two minute cut of a song of your choice with accompaniment and reading scenes from the script. Please bring a CD or accompaniment on your phone. Audition scenes will be emailed to everyone who signs up to audition using the Sign Up Genius link. The audition scenes will also be available prior to auditions if you wish to come early to your audition to read over them. All audition information is available at the sign up genius link posted below.
Click here to sign up for an audition time
Please download the Audition Information Sheet and the Audition Form that are attached below. Sign the Audition Form stating that you have read the Audition Information Sheet and bring the Audition Form with you to your scheduled audition time
No payment is needed to audition. Registration and payment are due after casting is announced and a role has been accepted.
NOT Everyone who auditions will be cast.
Registration & Payment Information
- Tuition for A Christmas Story: The Musical. will be $200 per student
- NOT Everyone who registers will be cast. The registration process will begin upon acceptance of your role. No payment is needed to audition. You will be asked to pay 50% of your tuition rate upon the acceptance of your role in order to complete the registration process. The remaining 50% of your tuition rate will be due at the first rehearsal.
Scholarship & Tuition Discount Information
Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville exists to enrich the lives of youth by providing quality musical theatre performance and educational opportunities. In an effort to make our programs available to as many members of the community as possible, CMT offers several types of scholarships and discounts on tuition throughout the year. To see if your student is eligible for a tuition discount please read below. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please download and complete the scholarship application form. Once completed, you can email your scholarship application form to CMT's Executive Director, Kristie Hewitt (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop it by the CMT offices at 101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003. The scholarship application deadline is September 10, 2019.
If a family has more than one child in A Christmas Story: The Musical the first child will pay full tuition, but each proceeding child will receive 10% off the cost of tuition.