Shrek, the Musical, Jr.
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It's a "big bright beautiful world" as everyone's favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. With contemporary music and a ton of principal roles, Shrek JR. is a fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
Shrek the Musical, Jr. TICKETS
Tickets will be available February 1, 2018 on this website or by calling 918-336-0558. Tickets are $8 for adults and $6 for students and seniors. Performances are March 9 at 7:00 pm, March 10 at 2:00 pm, March 10 at 7:00 pm, and March 11 at 2:00 pm at Theatre Bartlesville, 312 S. Dewey. Tickets are limited so plan to get yours as soon as they go on sale on February 1!
Shrek the Musical, Jr. CAST LIST Announced
Shrek: Asher Brewer
Fiona: Anna Pennington
Donkey: Tobin Brewer
Lord Farquaad: Jackson Boudreaux
Storyteller 1/Duloc Performer: Samarah Robinson
Storyteller 2/Duloc Performer: Isabella Kimmer
Storyteller 3/Duloc Performer: Emery Wooten
Storyteller 4/Duloc Performer: Emma Zhang
Mama Ogre: Victoria Polley
Papa Ogre: Nate Vilardo
Little Ogre: Bachelor Marshall
Captain of the Guards/Knight 4/Bishop: Hans Erikson
Guards/Duloc Performers/Birds: Eliana Brewer, Kaitlyn Crabtree, Audrey Dudley, Kathryn Vilardo
Pinocchio/Duloc Performer/Woodland Creature: Gage Swanson
Gingy/Woodland Creature: Kate Boudreaux
Big Bad Wolf/Knight 2/Dwarf: Jackson Miller
Pig 1/Duloc Performer/Woodland Creature: Sophia Hewitt
Pig 2/Duloc Performer/Woodland Creature: Claire Auschwitz
Pig 3/Duloc Performer/Woodland Creature: Kiera Brewer
Wicked Witch/Tree: Victoria Polley
Peter Pan/Duloc Performer/Woodland Creature: Isabella Cavaceci
Ugly Duckling/Duloc Performer/Tree: Juliana Vilardo
Mama Bear/Duloc Performer/Tree/Donkey Understudy: Maggie Parrett
Papa Bear/Knight 1/Shrek Understudy: Nate Vilardo
Baby Bear/Knight 5: Bachelor Marshall
Dragon/Duloc Performer/Fiona Understudy: Skyla Robison
Young Fiona/Cinderella/Woodland Creature: Jacquin Hallaway
Teen Fiona/Fairy Godmother/Tree: Molly Pennington
Pied Piper/Knight 3: Wesley Franklin
Red Riding Hood/Duloc Performer/Tree: Bekah Williams
Goldilocks/Duloc Performer/Tree: Melodee Laughlin
Alice in Wonderland/Duloc Performer/Tree: Jocelyn Guiterrez
White Rabbit/Duloc Performer/Tree: Ember Bell
Rehearsal & Perfomance Information
- Co-directed by Melinda Bellatti and Troy Martin and choreographed by Anna Rhodes, this production of Shrek the Musical, Jr. will cast students in grades 5-12. This production provides students with another performance opportunity that they can use to hone their skills and bolster their resume while experiencing what it's like to produce a contemporary Broadway musical
- Shrek the Musical, Jr. will rehearse Mondays 6:00-9:00 pm January 8 - February 26, 2018 and some Saturdays at Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville (101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003). Depending upon cast availability, we may have a couple of rehearsals over winter break.
- Tech week will run March 5-8, 2018
- Performances will be March 9 & 10, 2018 at Theatre Bartlesville, 312 S. Dewey
- Auditions will be held on December 5, 2017 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and on December 7, 2017 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville (101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003)
- Callbacks will be held December 11, 2017 from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Auditions will consist of a one minute cut of a musical theatre song and reading from scenes from the script. The audition scenes will be emailed to auditioners two weeks prior to auditions. They will also be available at auditions if you wish to come early to your audition to read over them. All audition information is available at the sign up genius link posted below.
- Click here to sign up for an audition time. Sign up appointments are limited to the first 48 to sign up and no more will be added so sign up soon!
- Please download the audition form that is attached below and bring it with you to your scheduled audition time
- No payment is needed to audition. Registration and payment are due after casting is announced and a role has been accepted.
- Everyone who auditions, accepts their role, and pays tuition will be cast, receiving ten weeks of instruction in acting, music, and choreography highlighting comic timing, physical acting, and a contemporary score.
Registration & Payment Information
- Tuition for Shrek, the Musical, Jr. will be $220 per student.
- Everyone who auditions will be cast. No payment is needed to audition. After accepting your role, you will be asked to pay 50% of your tuition rate. The remaining 50% of your tuition rate will be due at the first rehearsal.
Scholarship & Tuition Discount Information
Children's Musical Theatre of Bartlesville exists to enrich the lives of youth by providing quality musical theatre performance and educational opportunities. In an effort to make our programs available to as many members of the community as possible, CMT offers several types of scholarships and discounts on tuition throughout the year. To see if your student is eligible for a tuition discount please read below. If you would like to apply for a scholarship, please download and complete the scholarship application form. Once completed, you can email your scholarship application form to CMT's Executive Director, Melinda Bellatti (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop it by the CMT offices at 101 S Wyandotte Ave. Bartlesville, OK 74003. Scholarship applications are due two weeks prior to auditions. The deadline for scholarship applications for Shrek, the Musical, Jr. is November 21, 2017.
Early Bird Discount
If students sign up to audition using the sign up genius link before November 17, 2017, they will receive 10% off the cost of tuition.
If a family has more than one child registered in Shrek, the Musical, Jr., the first child will pay full tuition, but each proceeding child will receive 10% off the cost of tuition.