Setting the Stage for Tomorrow is an eight-year, $3.8 million integrated capital campaign that began in 2010. As an integrated campaign, STS addresses program and personnel expansion as well as building renovations.
Each year CMT auditions approximately 180 children and youth for the main-stage program, but can only cast between 70-85. That means more than 50% of the kids who audition for the main-stage are turned away. The STS Campaign was created to provide more opportunities for training and performances by expanding programs, space and personnel to meet the need.
The STS campaign focuses on raising funds for year-round program expansion and teaching artists, offering additional opportunities for all students who desire to experience musical theatre arts education. Smaller musical programs, workshops, classes, and performances are being planned for our own Blackbox Theatre once it is finished. As program needs require building expansion, the STS also addresses this. Since 2010, the campaign has been completed in phases as funds are available.
Currently, areas of Phase 1 that are complete include:
- Purchase of our existing building (101 S. Wyandotte, Bartlesville)
- Building renovations (administration office space, two classrooms, a breakroom, bathrooms, prop shop, costume shop, and a scene shop)
- A portion of the Blackbox Theatre (a large rehearsal space and performance area). The Blackbox is unique to our community and will provide added flexibility for our programs and serve as a performance space for smaller performances
Phase 2 to be completed includes:
- Finishing the Blackbox Theatre by installing theatrical lighting, grid-work, software and sound (suitable for smaller performances)
- Two parking lots (parking lot 1 will run from our existing building through Tuxedo Boulevard; and parking lot 2 will be constructed on properties adjacent to our current property)
In 2016 CMT moved its administrative offices to the newly renovated building, holding 2 summer camps, several workshops, and dance classes on-site. The next immediate need is to finish the Blackbox Theatre with technical components and construct parking lots 1 and 2.
To learn more about how you can become part of Setting the Stage for Tomorrow, contact Angie Thompson, CMT's Development manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways you can help Setting the Stage Integrated Campaign
- Campaign Gifts and Pledges
- Employer Matching Gifts
- Stock Gifts
- Bequests and Memorial Gifts
- Naming Opportunities
- Program Scholarships
- Endowment Fund Gifts